Hope you enjoyed our Social Media presentation a few weeks back. We’ve posted the video and slides for your viewing pleasure. As most of you know Social Media (Facebook, Reddit, Digg, Orkut, etc) played a huge role in helping us set a Guinness World Record last year — it took word of mouth to a whole new level for us! For Firefox 3.5, we’re hoping to leverage Social Media once again to gain incredible reach and create awareness in even more regions!
Here are just a few ways to help:
- Help us identify the most popular social networks (Orkut, Hi5, Facebook, etc.) in your region, as well as any Mozilla or Firefox-related groups they might have. Post them here.
- Get the word out about Firefox when it launches:
- Create some buzz during the run up to Firefox 3.5 by promoting:
- Our Fastest Firefox video campaign (our first video will be released on June 1)
- Firefox 3.5 in 35 days which highlights the cool developer features in Firefox 3.5
- The availability of Firefox 3.5 release candidates
- Help energize our Facebook and Orkut pages (Tara Shahian has a great write up on our Facebook success)
- Post pictures & comments
- Share videos!
Let’s knock this launch out of the park! If you have any questions or need some help please find us in #marketing on irc.mozilla.org.