Thanks for joining William and me for the recent Firefox 3.5 events workshop! Events have always been important for us – helping to celebrate successes, such as a launch, garner awareness for Mozilla and Firefox, build community and draw in new members, and more! Unfortunately, we weren’t able to capture the Air Mozilla video for this session. Please comment below if you’d like us to host it again. In a meantime, here is a recap of the presentation below and slides can be found here.
Here’s how you can help:
- Organize a launch party
- Hold installfests or tutorials to help new users get started
- Host a booth at your university
- Organize a meetup for other enthusiasts
- Organize a Mozilla “Walkabout”
- Speak at a conference
- Hold a virtual presentation with a Mozilla speaker
Some resources to help you:
- Spread Firefox Events Calendar
- Mozilla-related Materials
- The Mozilla Brochure
- Community Marketing Guide
As with each launch, we’re looking to have hundreds of Firefox launch parties around the world. Please stay tuned for details on how to plan them — we’re working on a new Spread Firefox page. Hope you’ll join in the fun!
If you have any questions or need some help please find us in #marketing on irc.mozilla.org!