William Quiviger and I have been busy dreaming up Friday’s workshop on how to host a Firefox 3.5 launch event. It will be the first of many workshops to help ready our global marketing team for the launch. Events have always been critical for Mozilla — helping to celebrate successes, such as a launch, garner awareness for Mozilla and Firefox, build community and draw in new members, and more!
We’ll cover the following:
- Why events matter
- How to participate
- What types of events to host
- How to find a venue
- How to promote an event
- What resources are available
- How to track your success
Here are the details on joining:
- Friday, May 1, 10:00 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC
- The workshop will be held on air mozilla
- Dial-in Info: +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#
- Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#. If you’re outside the US, use Skype to call in with our toll-free number.
- If you can’t join the call — but want to ask questions — you can join us in #marketing on IRC (irc.mozilla.org).
Please sign up on Spread Firefox. We’ll be archiving the Air Mozilla episode and sharing the presentation if you can’t make it. Looking forward to Friday!