We had an overwhelming response to our call for volunteers for the Firefox 3.5 marketing team. In fact, over 130 people from Argentina, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Macedonia and more heeded the call! Our truly worldwide team will jump in on several marketing activities including public relations, events, and testimonials.
What’s next? We’ve set up a series of online workshops that will be held starting in May to discuss what we’re planning for each area, how you can contribute, how to go about it and of course, answer questions and brainstorm! The sessions will be held over Air Mozilla and archived if you can’t make it.
Here’s the line up:
- May 1st, 10:00 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC – Events workshop
- May 5th, 9:00 a.m. PDT/16:00 UTC – PR workshop
- May 7th, 9:00 a.m. PDT/16:00 UTC – Creative workshop (Affiliate buttons + designs for the community store)
- May 13th, 9:00 a.m. PDT/16:00 UTC – Video workshop (Testimonials + the pending “Faster” campaign)
- May 13th, 10:00 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC – Five for five (name TBD, but the program will focus on upgrading & introducing people to Firefox)
- May 14th: 9:00 a.m. PDT/16:00 UTC – Social Media workshop
- May 14th, 10:00 a.m. PDT/17:00 UTC – Campus Reps
- May 20th, 9:00 a.m. PDT/16:00 UTC – “Faster” campaign workshop
More details will be posted on each workshop in the next week. Looking forward to everyone joining us. I speak for the whole team in that we’re really excited about the possibilities! As Colonel John “Hannibal” Smith would say, “I love it when a plan comes together! (Thanks Elliott for the reminder)