Our bi-weekly events call to evaluate and attend events on Mozilla’s behalf has a new format. We’re rolling it into a greater Mozilla Community Marketing call – w00t! The call will take place every other Wednesday from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. PST.
We hope you’ll join us! This is a great opportunity to connect with fellow Mozilla community members, or get involved for the first time. Here’s tomorrow’s agenda.
- Time: Wednesday, January 28th @ 10am PST / 6pm UTC.
- The dial-in number is: +1.650.903.0800, followed by 92# and then 7391#. Or you can use our toll-free number: +1.800.707.2533, followed by 369# and then 7391#.
- IRC: For those that can’t make the call or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on IRC.
I’m not really one to make New Year’s resolutions because, frankly, I don’t keep them! However, my colleague Alix shared this awesome initiative to introduce five people to Firefox in 2009. I’m jumping on board and vow to:
- Take more time to sit down and walk people through it! It’s one thing to tell people about Firefox or espouse its virtues, but a live tutorial goes farther. I spent a good hour showing my Aunt Patty the in’s and out’s of bookmarking over Christmas. As a researcher she is now completely sold on Firefox.
- Expose the joy of add-ons. I’ve found that people have heard of add-ons, but haven’t necessarily tried them. It’s been a lot of fun showing people add-ons that fit what they do on the Web — things just seem to click.
- Go beyond my circle. All of my friends and the people I interact with on semi-regular basis (my dentist, chircopractor, vet, hair stylist, mechanic, etc.) have heard my spiel. While I have the distinct pleasure of helping market Firefox at my day job, I plan on putting more effort into introducing Firefox to new people in my “off hours.” One thought is sitting down at Starbucks with a sign or laptop sticker reading, “Have questions about Firefox? Ask me!” Sort of hokey, but why not?!
This campaign serves as a great reminder that nothing tops face-to-face interaction and word of mouth to spread Firefox. There’s even a Facebook group. Keep up the great work!