We’re gearing up for a great three days at the Green Festival in San Francisco this weekend! Literally — we’re in the process of setting up refurbished computers for the Green Web Pavilion. Green Festival is the largest green conference in the U.S. and looks at clean technology, green building, socially responsible investing, eco-fashion, renewable energy, and more. It’s cool to see the mix of organizations sharing the same common purpose — preserving shared resources and bringing people together to make change.
We have a host of activities lined up:
- We’re participating in the Green Web Pavilion with the ACCRC (Alameda County Computer Resource Center). The ACCRC saves computers from landfills, refurbishes them and gets them into local Bay Area schools.
- Asa Dotzler, our favorite storyteller, will be covering the history of the Mozilla project, and how a small community of activists is building an inclusive Internet on Sunday at 12:00 p.m. PST.
- Paul Kim will be taking part in a Green Web Pavilion panel on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. PST.
- Clint Talbert will be demo’ing Firefox in the Green Web Pavilion on Saturday at 5:00 p.m. PST.
- Mozilla community members and employees are hosting a booth to educate people about Mozilla and Firefox.
- Rolling out a new set of 100% Organic Software web site badges.
Please drop by and see us or better yet – come participate!